Who we are
Who we are
The University of Idaho Agricultural Mechanics laboratory is composed of interdisciplinary scientist determined to improve our world through development of novel scientific theories, mechanisms and applications:
- Science – Establish cross-disciplinary research to advance fundamental science underlying key questions in food security and genome-to-phenome relationships. To develop novel scientific instruments to quantify the mechanics of complex biological systems.
- Diversity – Increase the number of under-represented groups entering the STEM workforce with a focus on K-12 students from rural communities.
- Sustainability – Create enduring support for research and education infrastructure in Idaho regardless of changes in national funding priorities or sources.
- Workforce Development – Create a diverse well trained work force capable of addressing engineering grand challenges of the 21st century.
- Education – Provide students and researchers with opportunities to work across disciplines in a rewarding environment where they can develop technical expertise, while expanding their scientific networks and improving communication skills.